Click here for more information about Rape Crisis Center and Madison.
Are you an experienced accounting professional who wants a long-term, part-time job that really makes a difference?
Agency full of social worker types seeks highly skilled, extremely ethical, calm, compassionate Business Manager who can spend 20 hours per week helping to keep our books and sanity in balance.
Help ensure financial accountability and sustainability for a mission-driven, 24/7 crisis organization that serves victims of sexual assault while working toward social change to end sexual violence. If your family & friends complain about your obsessive attention to detail and structure, we promise to appreciate those qualities!
The ideal candidate will be extremely good at meeting deadlines, but still flexible; able to focus on the tiniest details while balancing multiple priorities; and care deeply about RCC's work while still being pragmatic and practical about the bottom line. Ability to translate accountant-speak into plain English would be much appreciated.
This is a half-time salaried position, with benefits including health insurance and paid time off.
Interviews begin September 8. RCC is an EEOC/Affirmative Action employer; women, people of color, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Please submit resume and cover letter by 9/15/2014 to: RCC, 2801 Coho St #301, Madison, WI 53713.
Full Time Equivalent:
Commensurate with experience
The Business Manager works closely with the Executive Director (ED) and Treasurer, and as part of the agency's management team, to ensure fiscal accountability and sustainability. The job responsibilities include:
- Manage & process accounts payable and accounts receivable;
- Prepare monthly payroll data to submit to payroll company;
- Balance and reconcile monthly bank statements;
- Generate monthly financial statements and close out fiscal year;
- Prepare for, participate in and follow up on annual financial audit.
GRANT & CONTRACT MANAGEMENT:
- Work with ED & Program Director to create program budgets and submit timely financial reports to funders;
- Monitor expenses to ensure compliance with the terms of grants & contracts.
- Work with ED to create annual budget for Board approval;
- Create monthly financial reports, including departmental detail;
- Provide support to Board Treasurer.
OTHER AGENCY PARTICIPATION:
- Participate as part of Management Team to ensure agency sustainability and a healthy, productive workplace;
- Assist staff in navigating benefits (Health Insurance, FSA, etc);
- Work with vendors & conduct research for significant purchases;
- Attend appropriate staff meetings;
- Maintain confidential records.
Demonstrated proficiency with Quickbooks & Microsoft Office software; 3-5 years MINIMUM experience bookkeeping; experience with budgeting and audits; ability to work quickly and with a high level of accuracy; ability to work successfully both independently and as part of a team; strong problem-solving skills; ability to balance multiple priorities; clear verbal and written communication skills; and understanding of and commitment to the mission and work of the Rape Crisis Center.
In addition to the requirements above, the ideal candidate will also have specific experience with: non-profit bookkeeping and Quickbooks for Nonprofits, grant administration, human resources, and a background working with social justice, social service or crisis intervention organizations.
Rape Crisis Center is currently seeking Bi-lingual (Spanish-speaking) Advocates (part-time or on-call positions available) for crisis accompaniments with sexual assault victims, outreach, and training to community.
These positions require strong communication skills in both English and Spanish, commitment to serving people affected by sexual violence, and access to private transportation.
Please send resume to Executive Director, Kelly Anderson, at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to RCC, 2801 Coho St #301, Madison, WI 53713.
EEOC employer with Affirmative Action plan.