Click here for more information about Rape Crisis Center and Madison.
Position: Campus Counselor/Advocate
Supervised by: Program Director
Full Time Equivalent: 100 percent
Salary Range: $29,000 - $32,000
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Counseling and Referrals
1. Provide crisis intervention, individual and group counseling to victims of sexual assault and/or childhood sexual abuse, with an emphasis on college students, as well as their support people.
2. Provide accurate and up-to-date information and referrals to callers and clients.
1. Provide accompaniment and advocacy to victims of sexual assault who engage academic disciplinary proceedings. Provide legal and medical advocacy and accompaniments to victims of sexual assault.
2. Keep informed on current laws, policies and procedures related to academic oversight groups as well as criminal & civil proceedings.
3. Collaborate with organizations and agencies such as law enforcement, District Attorney's Office, Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner program and Office of Student Life (Dean of Students).
1. Maintain strong working relationships with area campuses (i.e., UW Madison, MATC, Edgewood). Ensure agency representation at appropriate campus-related events.
2. Participate in campus meetings and work groups as they pertain to sexual assault prevention and services.
3. Design, facilitate and present community education and professional trainings to UW, Edgewood and MATC campuses.
1. Develop and implement short and long range program goals that further RCC's strategic plan, in conjunction with Program Director.
1. Attend regular staff meetings and in-services, maintain regular contact with staff and supervisor, document services provided, and assist in the general upkeep of office space.
2. Other duties as assigned.
1. Commitment to serving people affected by sexual violence.
2. Experience and/or training in providing crisis intervention services, client advocacy, and counseling, preferably to victims of sexual assault.
3. Comfort and competence in working independently as well as part of a team.
4. Access to private transportation.
5. Flexible work hours.
6. Masters in Social Work or related field.
1. Understanding of sexual violence and related issues.
2. Knowledge of Dane County / campus resources.
The Rape Crisis Center's campus satellite office is located at 333 East Campus Mall on the UW Madison campus. Please note that the Rape Crisis Center does not provide parking. Parking is the responsibility of the Campus Counselor/Advocate.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com or mail to RCC, 2801 Coho St #301, Madison, WI 53713.
EEOC employer with Affirmative Action plan.
Interim Executive Director
The Rape Crisis Center is seeking an Interim Executive Director who will serve as a bridge in leadership as the Rape Crisis Center (RCC) Board of Directors secures an ongoing Executive Director. This position will require at least 30 hours per week, with an intended engagement of at least four months.
The Interim Executive Director is responsible for collaborating with the Board of Directors, staff, and community partners to understand funding, parameters/restrictions and manage grants and funding responsibilities, ensure staff are completing tasks per contract requirements and are aligned with organization's mission, understand and build executable plans for policy & compliance impacts (i.e., new legislation targets sexual assault on campus), manage constituent relationships, develop budgets, and assess and communicate to the board long-term organizational needs to frame search for permanent ED. This position will provide interim direction and leadership to staff, manage public and media relations for RCC, manage financial aspects of RCC, and provide executive director support to the Board of Directors.
The ideal candidate will have five years of management experience, including supervisory experience, agency and programmatic planning and budget responsibilities; applicable non-profit experience and/or consulting experience; prior experience in transition management; has served in an interim leadership position previously; experience in developing budgets, analyzing financial data, and reviewing accounts payable and receivables; experience with public relations, marketing and/or community outreach; knowledge of and experience with relevant federal, state, and local laws/regulations/rules that govern human resources, accounting business functions and non-profit operations; excellent communications skills, including public speaking, excellent communications and interpersonal skills; excellent critical thinking/analytical skills; strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills; and demonstrated computer and software skills required. Candidates with education/working background in social work, health care or related field, familiarity with the organization or its mission/policy, and the ability to travel within Wisconsin are highly preferred.
This position offers a flexible work schedule, a great team, and the ability to make a difference in our community.
If you are interested, please send your resume with a cover letter, including salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org, or via fax at 608-845-3375.
Rape Crisis Center is an equal opportunity employer.